Benefits for States:
1) Ability to scale up a proven, ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act) aligned evidence-based resource to multiple districts and schools across the state, including those identified as needing improvement
2) The outcomes achieved by the innovations powered by Learning Ovations, create significant potential for a broad range of state initiatives:
- Achievement Gap
- Social / Emotional Learning
- English Language Learners
- MTSS / RTI
- Workforce Development
3) Significant systems level cost savings due to lower special education referral rates and reduced legacy costs associated with student retention and remediation in K-12.
Benefits for Community Stakeholders:
1) Radiating impact of improved 3rd grade reading on key community outcomes such as health, poverty, juvenile justice, etc.
2) Opportunity for community leaders to partner with schools and build a community-wide movement around 3rd grade reading proficiency through partnerships with Mayors, United Ways, Business, and Parents.
3) Community ownership to ensure sustainability of A2i and improvement in student outcomes even if there is a change in district leadership.
Benefits for schools:
1) Opportunity to engage donors through research-proven program that can track outcomes and provide donor impact reports.
2) Opportunity to invest in evidence-based program proven to improve teaching and learning throughout schools and districts.
3) Opportunity to address whole-child success through partnerships with A2i schools focused on expanded learning opportunities such as afterschool, summer, and attendance.